New study says almost half of iPhone owners plan to upgrade to the 4S
A new study, by Retrevo, has been released today. The numbers, especially for iPhone 4 owners are higher than I might have expected.
Here are some of the highlights:
- 44% of 3G and 3GS owners plan to upgrade to the iPhone 4S
- 42% of iPhone 4 owners say they plan to make the jump
- 24% of Android owners say they are coming on board the Apple 4S
- 12% of BlackBerry owners say they are willing to switch
Other tidbits from the study: 18% of buyers are willing to wait in a long line to get the phone. 53% of Apple iPhone owners are not disappointed with the 4S, but 21% wish it had a new design. 29% wanted 4G connectivity, and 12% wish it had a larger display.
The Retrevo study sampled 1300 smartphone users across the US earlier this month.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service