iPhone 4S launch: Apple Store 5th Avenue, linewalk
As per standard operating procedure for iOS product launches, this morning's iPhone 4S introduction found the line at the Apple flagship store in New York City around the block -- or in this case, around the corner. It was a much smaller crowd than for the iPad 2 launch, but that product didn't have a pre-order option so there was more cause to queue up.
You can see a 2 minute linewalk video below, or check out our gallery of snapshots here.
Above: the makeshift Steve Jobs memorial on the stairs outside the store entrance.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)