Sprint reports 'best day ever' of sales with iPhone 4S launch
I'll have to admit, I thought the public's demand for the iPhone had been more or less sated, and adding yet another carrier to the handset wouldn't be as big a deal as it has been in the past. It's definitely a bigger deal than I expected. Wasting no time, Sprint has proudly trumpeted that it experienced its "best ever day of sales in retail, web and telesales for a device family in Sprint history" on Friday, thanks to the iPhone 4S launch and the iPhone 4. In fact, the company says it hit the milestone at noon Central Standard Time, which means today beat some records in that company and then some.
Not only does it mean people are still turning out in swarms to buy the iPhone 4S and the iPhone 4, it also means getting the iPhone on a network is still a really huge deal -- basically the biggest deal going in the cell phone industry lately. You could argue that much of AT&T's success in the past few years has been based on the iPhone, and obviously Verizon fought for a long time to be able to sell the iPhone on its network. But even Sprint, in third place among the networks, is breaking records with Apple's handset. The iPhone's reign of sales and domination in the cell phone game is far from over.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration