An animated history of the iPhone
CNET UK's Drew Stearne created the video below, a dynamic animation that shows the history of the iPhone. It shows quite clearly how the iPhone came about not as something fully formed from the void but as a consolidation and refinement of existing technologies, many of which have been around for decades. Stearne created the video as a tribute to Steve Jobs.
The video is embedded below. Note that parts of it are very information-dense, so you might have to freeze-frame some parts of it if you want to grasp all the little factoids that fly past in less than four minutes. Aside from that, it's a great video that perfectly encapsulates the iPhone's long history -- a history that began not in 2007, but long before many of us were even born.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature