An animated history of the iPhone
CNET UK's Drew Stearne created the video below, a dynamic animation that shows the history of the iPhone. It shows quite clearly how the iPhone came about not as something fully formed from the void but as a consolidation and refinement of existing technologies, many of which have been around for decades. Stearne created the video as a tribute to Steve Jobs.
The video is embedded below. Note that parts of it are very information-dense, so you might have to freeze-frame some parts of it if you want to grasp all the little factoids that fly past in less than four minutes. Aside from that, it's a great video that perfectly encapsulates the iPhone's long history -- a history that began not in 2007, but long before many of us were even born.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved