Samsung supposedly uses screenshot of Apple Maps app in promo
Samsung goofed when it included a modified screenshot of the iOS maps application (above right) in one of its promotional pieces. The promotion shows a Samsung Android handset with Google Maps that unfortunately is not the Android version. It has a rounded text entry box and teardrop push pins that are found in an older version of iOS maps. This particular shot appears to match a three-year-old Flickr image (above left) that's used in a post by Laura Scott at BlogHer.
Samsung is fighting Apple tooth and nail over accusations that its Galaxy lines of devices copy the design of the iPad and iPhone. The Korean company is not helping its cause with high-profile blunders like this.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter