Samsung loses attempt to ban iPhone 4S sales in Italy
Here's the latest news from the front in the battle between Samsung and Apple: Apple is victorious in a skirmish in Italy.
Samsung was attempting to block the iPhone 4S release in Italy, which is scheduled for November 4, saying that the new phone infringed on two patents that the Korean manufacturer holds. In the courts in Milan, Italy, judges turned down Samsung's request, but agreed to requests by both manufacturers to submit more evidence to support their positions in the dispute.
After yesterday's hearing, Apple is planning to release the iPhone 4S on schedule next Friday. This was the latest in a series of small, yet important, victories for Apple in the ongoing intellectual property war.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options
- Amazon Instant Video app now offers free, ad-supported TV episodes, new HBO shows