Apple promises fix for iOS 5 battery issues, releases iOS 5.0.1 beta
Apple has just confirmed with All Things Digital that it is aware of the battery issues some iPhone owners have noticed under iOS 5 and is working on a fix. "A small number of customers have reported lower than expected battery life on iOS 5 devices. We have found a few bugs that are affecting battery life and we will release a software update to address those in a few weeks."
According to MacStories, Aapple has also just released a beta of iOS 5.0.1 to developers. We haven't had a chance to check this out yet to see if this update fixes the battery life issues that some iPhone users have reported, but the timing of the beta release seems a bit too coincidental for this not to be the case.
If you've been experiencing unusual battery drain in iOS 5 and the 5.0.1 beta fixes it for you, let us know in the comments.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync