South Korea repeals ban on iOS games
South Korea has reversed a decision that banned games from the iOS App Store. For the past several years, the South Korean App Store has not included games due to concerns about objectionable content that could not be easily filtered. This decision to ban games was made by the Games Ratings Board, a governmental body that rates video and computer games based on their content. This ban has affected both iOS owners and Korean game developers who could not sell their games in their home country.
Now that the ban has been lifted, the games section of the South Korean App Store, which is almost non-existent, is expected to flourish. The reversal of this ban is timely as Apple will begin selling the iPhone 4S in South Korea on November 11.
South Korea has reversed a decision that banned games from the iOS App Store. For the past several years, the South Korean App Store...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free