Sprint struggles to replicate iPhone 4S users' speed concern
Most Sprint customers are happy to finally have the iPhone, but for some users, the experience has been less than stellar. A small, but growing number of Sprint customers are complaining of slow data speeds. So slow that Siri and other network-sensitive features won't work.
These complaints started the same day the iPhone 4S was released and continue until today. A thread at Sprint's community forums that chronicles the problem has almost 248,000 views and over 1,300 replies. It's one of the top forum posts on Sprint's public message board.
Sprint's head of product development, Fared Adib told CNET that the carrier is aware of the complaints, but has not been able to reproduce the slowed data connections some users are reporting. Sprint is reportedly working with Apple to track down the problem, if there is one, and find out whether it is hardware or software-related. Once they have identified a root cause, the two companies can work on a fix. When an update is available, Adib said Sprint will get it out quickly to users who are affected by this problem.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync