Sprint struggles to replicate iPhone 4S users' speed concern
Most Sprint customers are happy to finally have the iPhone, but for some users, the experience has been less than stellar. A small, but growing number of Sprint customers are complaining of slow data speeds. So slow that Siri and other network-sensitive features won't work.
These complaints started the same day the iPhone 4S was released and continue until today. A thread at Sprint's community forums that chronicles the problem has almost 248,000 views and over 1,300 replies. It's one of the top forum posts on Sprint's public message board.
Sprint's head of product development, Fared Adib told CNET that the carrier is aware of the complaints, but has not been able to reproduce the slowed data connections some users are reporting. Sprint is reportedly working with Apple to track down the problem, if there is one, and find out whether it is hardware or software-related. Once they have identified a root cause, the two companies can work on a fix. When an update is available, Adib said Sprint will get it out quickly to users who are affected by this problem.
Most Sprint customers are happy to finally have the iPhone, but for some users, the experience has been less than stellar. A small,...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update
- Today in the App Store -- the best free apps, new apps and app updates