iPhoneography exhibit opens in Denver tonight
Denverites looking for a fun way to spend Friday night need look no further than their local art galleries, which are open late tonight as part of Denver Arts Week. One exhibit opening this evening, Siobhan Keleher, iPhoneography, will be of special interest to iPhone fans and TUAW readers.
The exhibit opens at 5 PM MT tonight at the Byers-Evans House Gallery at 1310 Bannock Street near the Denver Art Museum, and a free reception will provide you with sustenance as you look at the work of photographer Siobhan Keleher. The reception closes at 9 PM.
The exhibit runs through December 31, 2011 at the the gallery, but if you wish to meet the artist you'll probably want to attend the opening this evening. Keleher apparently loves taking photos with the iPhone -- "My current work with the iPhone is a natural outgrowth of this approach. I take pictures at whim, everywhere. The camera has limited options -- I can't zoom or choose focus -- forcing me to make more judicious decisions about the features I can control, honing my sense of composition. The iPhone apps I use also introduce some randomness to the quality of the image while creating certain effects. At this time, I do no post-production work. The images are all that I, the iPhone and the apps make them at the given moment."
Keleher won the "Best of Show" during last year's Denver Plein Air Arts Festival with iPhone photographs. You can get an idea of her style and subjects by visiting the Siobhan Keleher Photography website.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more