Steve Jobs: The Lost Interview coming to theaters in November
Steve Jobs: The Lost Interview will arrive in Landmark Theatres nationwide on November 16 and 17. As the title suggests, the movie is an interview, specifically a 70-minute conversation between Steve Jobs and Robert Cringely that was held in 1995.
A small 10-minute segment of the original conversation was included in the Triumph of the Nerds: The Rise of Accidental Empires, a 1996 PBS miniseries about Silicon Valley. The rest of the interview was supposed to be included in a sequel to the PBS series, but the original footage was lost.
Unbeknownst to Cringely, Paul Sen, the director of the original Triumph of the Nerds series, recorded a backup copy of the interview on VHS. When Steve Jobs passed away, Sen began a hunt for the video and found it in the deep, dark recesses of his garage.
Sen then contacted Cringely who, in turn, contacted Landmark Theatres co-owner Mark Cuban about screening the film. It only took five minutes for Cuban to agree and another $6,000 investment to convert the VHS recording into a theatrical-quality film.
Steve Jobs: The Lost Interview will be shown in Landmark Theatres in 17 cities nationwide including those in New York, Los Angeles and Palo Alto, the center of Silicon Valley.
Steve Jobs: The Lost Interview will arrive in Landmark Theatres nationwide on November 16 and 17. As the title suggests, the movie is an...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free