Add tasks to productivity apps using Siri and CalDAV
Last month, Remember the Milk published a quick tutorial showing their customers how to use Siri's voice control with the Reminders app and CalDAV to send tasks to RTM. A slightly different Siri workaround can be used by iOS owners to send their tasks to other third-party to-do apps. All you need is an app that syncs with iCal and an iPhone 4S with an active iCloud account.
This method requires you to sync your to-do list with your reminders list in iCal. These iCal lists are then synced with iCloud which shares them with your iOS device. It's bi-directional so any task you create using Siri will be sent to the Reminders app then to iCloud, iCal and finally your to-do app. Pretty handy, isn't it?
It works with Things and The Hit List says Oliver Collet who posted this little trick after his friend Antoine mentioned it on Twitter. It will likely work with other to-do apps like OmniFocus that also sync with iCal. If you get it to work with other To-Do apps, let us know in the comments.
[Via Daring Fireball]
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client