iOS 5.0.1 For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch can be jailbroken with Redsn0w
For the jailbreakers among you, you'll be happy to hear that iOS 5.0.1 for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch can indeed be jailbroken with Redsn0w. RedmondPie has tested and confirmed that Apple's latest version of iOS 5 can be tether-jailbreaked by using the latest version of Redsn0w. Redmond does note that the "SemiTether" patch continues to work, but iOS 5.0.1 "will not function to a satisfactory degree" on devices using SemiTether until users connect to Redsn0w on a Mac or PC.
Jailbreaking is best left to the more experienced, tech-savvy users, but if you're feeling adventurous, RedmondPie has all the details on how to jailbreak your Apple device running the very latest iOS release.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync