iPhone 4S to launch in India on November 25
Airtel and Aircel, two rival wireless carriers in India, are poised to launch the iPhone 4S later this month. According to The Times of India report, Airtel has confirmed it will begin to sell the iPhone 4S starting on November 25 at midnight. Pre-orders will begin on the carrier's website starting November 18.
Aircel has not provided a launch date, but the carrier announced on Facebook last week that it will begin selling the iPhone 4S soon. Since neither carrier has an exclusive agreement with Apple, it's expected that Aircel will launch on November 25, just like its competitor Airtel. No pricing has been announced, but the iPhone 4S will likely cost about the same as the iPhone 4, which sold for about 35,000 Indian Rupees (USD $650). Instead of an upfront discount on the handset, these competing carriers will offer incentives on voice plans and data plans to entice customers.
[Via The Next Web]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)