iPhone 4S to launch in India on November 25
Airtel and Aircel, two rival wireless carriers in India, are poised to launch the iPhone 4S later this month. According to The Times of India report, Airtel has confirmed it will begin to sell the iPhone 4S starting on November 25 at midnight. Pre-orders will begin on the carrier's website starting November 18.
Aircel has not provided a launch date, but the carrier announced on Facebook last week that it will begin selling the iPhone 4S soon. Since neither carrier has an exclusive agreement with Apple, it's expected that Aircel will launch on November 25, just like its competitor Airtel. No pricing has been announced, but the iPhone 4S will likely cost about the same as the iPhone 4, which sold for about 35,000 Indian Rupees (USD $650). Instead of an upfront discount on the handset, these competing carriers will offer incentives on voice plans and data plans to entice customers.
[Via The Next Web]
Airtel and Aircel, two rival wireless carriers in India, are poised to launch the iPhone 4S later this month. According to The Times...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved