Samsung won't block iPhone 4S sales in South Korea
Samsung will not reportedly block the iPhone 4S from a release in South Korea, according to a local paper there. The company has tried to block the release of the iPhone 4S elsewhere (without much success so far), but the 4S finally went on sale last Friday in South Korea, and Samsung opted not to move against it.
Why? Public relations, guesses The Chosun Ilbo paper. An anonymous executive there says that Samsung is fighting Apple in the global market, but presumably since the company already has such a large market share in South Korea, it's not worth the bad press to prevent people there from getting the iPhone 4S. Of course, as Apple is getting more and more popular over there, that situation may change.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter