TUAW TV Live at 5 PM ET: Starting a Fire for @verso's birthday
We're going to have some fun this afternoon on TUAW TV Live. My very special guest will be TUAW Talkcast regular and proprietress of the House of Crackpot Theories™, Kelly Guimont (that's her on the left in the photo above, in case you were confused). Today just so happens to be Kelly's birthday, so all of you are invited to the virtual party on TUAW TV Live.
I'll also have a handful of new goodies that have show up in the TUAW Labs lately, as well as a non-Apple tablet -- the Amazon Kindle Fire. Those of you who follow me on Twitter already know my opinion about this device (it's definitely not an iPad-killer), but it does have some redeeming features that are kind of interesting and the integration with Amazon's content farms is incredible.
As usual, I'll be starting the show at 5 PM EDT (2 PM PDT / 10 PM BST) sharp, and we'll take a few minutes to chat before the demos start. To join in on the chat and watch the live streaming video, drop by TUAW about five minutes before the start time to get your instructions on how to participate. If you're unable to join us for the show, remember that you can always subscribe to the video podcast and watch the show at your leisure in iTunes or any other favorite podcatching app. The past shows are also available on the TUAW YouTube channel.
The chat is now available as well on IRC: join us on server chat1.ustream.tv, chat room #tuaw-tv.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service