iShred, a snowboard inspired by Apple and Steve Jobs
Signal Snowboards hosts a regular series about snowboards called Every Third Thursday on Mpora sports website. In a recent episode, the crew at Signal Snowboards built the iShred, a snowboard tribute to Steve Jobs. The Apple-inspired board has all the right touches - an LED-lit Signal Snowboard logo, an aluminum base, an integrated iPad and a creative industrial design that would make Jobs proud.
After overcoming some difficulties with the lighting, the team took the assembled board to a local ski area for some test runs. Even though it was clad in aluminum which is an unusual material for a snowboard base, the board performed beyond expectations. It was supposedly difficult to turn, but the ability to listen to music and FaceTime from the slopes made up for it. Check out the board from concept to creation in the video below.
More Snowboarding Videos
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter