You're the Pundit: Is talking to Siri the next social sin?
When it comes to discussing the next big thing, we turn to our secret weapon: the TUAW braintrust. We put the question to you and let you have your go at it. Today's topic is Siri.
A push back against Siri seems to be growing. Is talking to your cell phone in public the new faux pas du jour? Or is the problem with those people who haven't mastered the raise-to-ear-and-talk-quietly maneuvers that brings discretion to the Siri table? Maybe it's just a problem for the "talks into the phone like a Nextel walkie talkie phone" crowd.
Is it polite to chat with Siri in public? Is this even a real problem? You tell us. Place your vote in this poll and then join in the comments with all your predictions.
|No. It\'s no worse (or different) than talking on cell phones in public. Keep your voice down and we\'re good.||1250 (49.0%)|
|Maybe. People seem to think they have to talk especially loud to their phone because it Won\'t Understand Them otherwise.||610 (23.9%)|
|Yes. There\'s a place for having conversations with your personal electronics, and that place is not in public.||331 (13.0%)|
|Something else, I\'ll tell you in the comments.||45 (1.8%)|
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options