Garmin offers real-time traffic cam photos and a bargain price for StreetPilot Onboard app
Garmin has an innovative way to help you beat the holiday traffic. It's the StreetPilot USA Onboard app update, released today, and it includes an option for an in-app purchase of traffic camera images from any of 10,000 cameras across the US and Canada. The option will cost US $9.95 per year.
Garmin is also reducing the cost of the app 50% this Friday only, making it a $24.99 purchase. The updated app also adds some nice freebies, like additional weather information, and a 5 day forecast for your current location and destination. The points of interest search function now auto-completes,which makes finding a destination faster. The app also allows you to see user contributed photos taken at points of interest, and to submit your own to share with other StreetPilot users.
StreetPilot Onboard keeps all its maps on your device (hence the 'Onboard' in the name) which is the preferred way to navigate if you're in an area with weak or no cellular data service.
The Garmin app also includes 3D buildings, a trip planner and a 'Where Am I?' safety feature to let a towing service or ambulance know exactly where you are.
The Garmin app requires iOS 4.0 or greater.
Check the gallery for some screenshots of these new features.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)