Read all of Skyrim's literature on your iPad
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim isn't available on the Mac yet, but odds are that if you're a big fan of gaming, you're probably already playing it on consoles or the PC. Bethesda's latest role-playing game is just a massive piece of world-building, with tons of dungeons to crawl through, a huge world full of cities and places to explore, and a collection of a couple hundred actual in-game books that you can pick up and read.
Turns out those books come straight from a plain text file in the game's documents, so a blogger named Capaneus has kindly assembled them into an actual ebook that you can download and read on your iPad (or any other e-reader or app you happen to use). The book's got its own cover and table of contents, and since its available in epub format, you can change the text to whatever size you want.
Good deal. Unfortunately, I'm not sure this is legal. Bethesda undoubtedly owns the copyright on these texts, and they likely didn't authorize them being shared like this. Still, all of this text is just background lore on the game, not spoilery or anything, so maybe they'll let it fly as a nice promotion for just how densely packed with fun content this game has.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync