Rolling Stone magazine coming to the iPad
Unlike its competition, which jumped at the chance to get its magazines on the iPad, Wenner Media has been slow to embrace the tablet and its digital subscriptions. The publisher is finally ready to take the plunge and is preparing to bring Rolling Stone Magazine and US Weekly to the iPad in 2012. These two magazines will be tablet versions of the print magazine and, sadly, won't offer any new or unique content.
Before it kicks off Rolling Stone, Wenner will test the waters with a tablet app about the Beatles. The app will be an enhanced version of Rolling Stone's The Beatles: The Ultimate Album-by-Album Guide. The print version of the album guide has little-know facts about every track on every Beatle's album. The digital version will include this treasure trove of information and add both song samples and interviews with the band. It will be available starting December 1st.
Unlike its competition, which jumped at the chance to get its magazines on the iPad, Wenner Media has been slow to embrace the tablet...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free