TED app goes universal, on iPhone now
TED's free iPad app has offered up quality videos and audio of the conference's famous guest speakers for a while, but the company recently updated the app to be universal. Now even while out and about on your iPhone, you can access some of the knowledge and wisdom being shared within the TED app.
There's a new feature called TEDradio, too, which offers one-touch access to a continuous stream of TED talks. Just like the iPad version, you can either watch videos online or download them to watch offline (if, for example, you're headed for a long plane trip or something like that). There's even a feature called "Inspire Me" where you can set certain criteria for a talk (like the amount of time you've got or various subjects you want to hear about), then hit go to listen in.
TED makes a solid app, and having it available for free on both iPhone and iPad with this update is just icing on the cake.
[via Razorian Fly]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options