Activision releasing Call of Duty: Black Ops Zombies December 1
Activision's been relatively quiet on iOS, especially when compared to other big game publishers like EA. But the company has always had a hit with its original Call of Duty Zombies app, and now it's looking to replicate that success with a new version, based on the Zombies Mode in last year's Call of Duty: Black Ops. The new game is set to arrive on the App Store December 1, and just like the old version, it will bring Call of Duty's zombies mode to life in full 3D.
The game will be US$6.99 (the same price, it might be noted, as the also-releasing Infinity Blade 2), and will come with just one map (more on the way), as well as a whole other game in the form of Dead Ops Arcade, a dual stick shooter that was found as an easter egg in Call of Duty: Black Ops. The game also offers up multiplayer support and even voice chat for up to four players.
This app will undoubtedly be a hit this holiday season -- obviously the App Store is a very different place since the last CoD: Zombies app came around, but the name recognition alone will likely sell plenty of copies. We'll check the game out when it arrives.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station