BBC brings iPlayer app to Canada
The BBC still hasn't released its popular iPlayer app for the iPhone and iPad in the U.S. yet, but it has appeared on the Canadian App Store. Through a monthly (or yearly) subscription, the app offers content on demand from the BBC, including old school shows like Fawlty Towers and Blackadder along with newer BBC television content like Top Gear and Doctor Who.
Sounds good for you Canadians. The good news is that the launch of the app in Canada means a U.S. release must be very close. It's all part of a year-long pilot program as the BBC slowly launches the app out across the world. So we don't have much longer to wait here in the States. Our theory? The BBC is probably just making up for missing out on Hulu for so long. We'll get our British shows in due time.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free