BBC brings iPlayer app to Canada
The BBC still hasn't released its popular iPlayer app for the iPhone and iPad in the U.S. yet, but it has appeared on the Canadian App Store. Through a monthly (or yearly) subscription, the app offers content on demand from the BBC, including old school shows like Fawlty Towers and Blackadder along with newer BBC television content like Top Gear and Doctor Who.
Sounds good for you Canadians. The good news is that the launch of the app in Canada means a U.S. release must be very close. It's all part of a year-long pilot program as the BBC slowly launches the app out across the world. So we don't have much longer to wait here in the States. Our theory? The BBC is probably just making up for missing out on Hulu for so long. We'll get our British shows in due time.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter