BBC brings iPlayer app to Canada
The BBC still hasn't released its popular iPlayer app for the iPhone and iPad in the U.S. yet, but it has appeared on the Canadian App Store. Through a monthly (or yearly) subscription, the app offers content on demand from the BBC, including old school shows like Fawlty Towers and Blackadder along with newer BBC television content like Top Gear and Doctor Who.
Sounds good for you Canadians. The good news is that the launch of the app in Canada means a U.S. release must be very close. It's all part of a year-long pilot program as the BBC slowly launches the app out across the world. So we don't have much longer to wait here in the States. Our theory? The BBC is probably just making up for missing out on Hulu for so long. We'll get our British shows in due time.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time