Apple releases iBooks 1.5, adds Night mode, fullscreen reading and more
Apple has released an update to its iBooks app. The iBooks 1.5 update brings some substantial new features to Apple's ereader software including the following:
- Nighttime reading theme makes reading books in the dark easier on the eyes.
- Full-screen layout lets you focus on the words without distraction.
- iBooks now features an improved selection of fonts, including Athelas, Charter, Iowan, and Seravek.
- Beautiful new classic covers for public domain books.
- A redesigned annotation palette makes it easier to choose a color for your highlighted text.
We're playing around with it now and will let you know if we discover any other unannounced tweaks. iBooks is a free download from the App Store.
Apple has released an update to its iBooks app. The iBooks 1.5 update brings some substantial new features to Apple's ereader software...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- IFTTT adds a location channel to its iOS App
- Plants vs. Zombies 2 gets upgraded map, more 'cool' stuff
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype