Global BBC iPlayer app will launch for iPhone, iPod touch on Thursday
The iPad app launched in 11 countries initially, and the number has expanded to 16 with our Canadian neighbors being the most-recent country to get the player. It's the BBC's foray into a video-on-demand service, geared toward bringing its TV library to international viewers. A subscription nets access to programs ranging from the classic Fawlty Towers to the venerable (and still supremely awesome) Doctor Who.
With the constant additions to the BBC's pilot program, I'm hoping that the U.S. will be on tap to get the app soon.
Sadly, there's still no release date in sight for the global BBC iPlayer in the U.S., but those lucky countries that do have it will...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update