Global BBC iPlayer app will launch for iPhone, iPod touch on Thursday
The iPad app launched in 11 countries initially, and the number has expanded to 16 with our Canadian neighbors being the most-recent country to get the player. It's the BBC's foray into a video-on-demand service, geared toward bringing its TV library to international viewers. A subscription nets access to programs ranging from the classic Fawlty Towers to the venerable (and still supremely awesome) Doctor Who.
With the constant additions to the BBC's pilot program, I'm hoping that the U.S. will be on tap to get the app soon.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options