Apple recruiting engineers for Siri team
Apple is hiring more engineers for the Siri team, with at least two postings open for iOS software engineers dedicated to the project. "You will primarily be responsible for implementing the content that appears within the conversational view. This is a broad-ranging task -- we take every application that Siri interacts with, distill it down to fundamentals, and implement that application's UI in a theme fitting with Siri," one posting notes. "Consider it an entire miniature OS within the OS, and you get a good idea of the scope!"
These positions have been open since early November, but they were brought into the spotlight recently when Siri UI manager Dan Keen posted them on Twitter. AppleInsider subsequently pointed out that three postings also exist for Language Technologies Engineers dedicated to bringing Siri support to languages beyond those it currently supports.
Siri's functionality is already quite impressive -- despite a few wildly overpublicized hiccups -- but it's clear that Apple isn't content to let the service stay as it is for too long.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)