Apple recruiting engineers for Siri team
Apple is hiring more engineers for the Siri team, with at least two postings open for iOS software engineers dedicated to the project. "You will primarily be responsible for implementing the content that appears within the conversational view. This is a broad-ranging task -- we take every application that Siri interacts with, distill it down to fundamentals, and implement that application's UI in a theme fitting with Siri," one posting notes. "Consider it an entire miniature OS within the OS, and you get a good idea of the scope!"
These positions have been open since early November, but they were brought into the spotlight recently when Siri UI manager Dan Keen posted them on Twitter. AppleInsider subsequently pointed out that three postings also exist for Language Technologies Engineers dedicated to bringing Siri support to languages beyond those it currently supports.
Siri's functionality is already quite impressive -- despite a few wildly overpublicized hiccups -- but it's clear that Apple isn't content to let the service stay as it is for too long.
Apple is hiring more engineers for the Siri team, with at least two postings open for iOS software engineers dedicated to the project....
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client