Apple updates Cards app with improved text entry, more
The holiday season is now here, which means it's time to start thinking about those holiday greeting cards. Instead of sending out a ream of handwritten notes, you should check out Apple's Cards app. The app lets you take a photo, add a personal note and send it off to someone in your address book. The resulting card is printed and mailed via the Postal Service.
Cards was recently updated with a few key improvements that'll make it easier than ever to send off a greeting. The new version improves text entry and streamlines the checkout process. The app also does a better job verifying your mailing address, so you don't accidentally send your card to the wrong person. Each card costs US$2.99 to send in the US and $4.99 internationally. Postage is
not included in those prices; tax is not. You can download the Cards app for free from the App Store.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options
- Amazon Instant Video app now offers free, ad-supported TV episodes, new HBO shows