App updates roundup: Jetpack Joyride, Spelltower, more
Thursday on the App Store brings another round of new app releases, as well as some big updates. We've got news on some of those releases elsewhere, but here are a few of the app updates currently waiting for you in the App Store on your iOS device.
- Jetpack Joyride has gotten what Halfbrick calls "our greatest update ever" with a new mission system, a new forest area to play through, and lots of other add-ons and tweaks. Great game, only 99 cents, so go grab it if you haven't yet.
- Anomaly Warzone Earth is another great title that now boasts iCloud syncing for saved games, as well as some graphical and gameplay tweaks.
- Spelltower (above) is getting a (surprise!) universal update that brings this really terrific and well-designed word game to the iPhone's smaller screen.
- Minecraft for iOS hasn't updated yet, but Mojang has lots of plans for future releases.
- Zombie Gunship has gone free, as has The Adventure of Timmy.
- Pix'n Love Rush has an entirely new mode to play with, and the graphics look a little different at night apparently.
- Rebuild is a nicely polished strategy game for iOS that will push an update soon that includes support for the original iPad, as well as Game Center support.
- Attention, Alec Baldwin: Words with Friends for iPad has gotten an update with a few new metrics for showing how well your words are doing.
- And speaking of Zynga, that company's Poker app has been updated too, including some changes that make it much more independent of the Facebook game.
There's lots of new content for some of your favorite apps this week. Not all of these are live just yet, but stay tuned, they'll be posted soon.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter