Don't want to buy an iPhone 4S? Rent one
Customers can rent the phone for a year. The plan is £55 per month and includes a 16 GB iPhone, 750 minutes, 500 MB of data, unlimited texting and O2's mobile insurance. An upgrade to the 32 GB-model of the 4S is an extra £10. At the end of the year, the phone must be returned.
O2's regular 12-month contracts range from £21 to £62 per month with data an £3 to £10 extra.
O2 said that there are a range of business tariffs, designed for small businesses to utilize the phone. Those who participate in the leasing program must keep the phone in good shape or face charges from O2 at the end of the rental period.
It's a wonder that a carrier hasn't tried this before now. UK carrier O2 has launched a pilot program called O2 Lease, which allows...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs