Kinectimals for iPhone and iPad available
One of the first things I bought last holiday season after receiving a Kinect as a gift was Kinectimals. My kids loved it, but we found it can get a little tedious after a while. There it sits on the shelf of unplayed games... But perhaps when my kids get little iPod touches this holiday they'll revisit the game now that it is on iOS.
Yep, Microsoft has released Kinectimals for the iPhone and iPad, or an iPod touch -- provided you have a front-facing camera, of course. Actually the app is compatible with the 3GS as well, but that seems like a recipe for frustrating gameplay (considering the point is visual feedback between you and your pet). Perhaps it is a trust exercise on the 3GS.
The app weighs in at 178 MB, and currently costs US$2.99. This isn't the first app to use the camera as an input device, and no doubt we'll see more, but it's cool to see a Kinect game migrate to iOS nonetheless.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free