Microsoft releases SkyDrive for iPhone
Watch out, Dropbox. There's a new kid in town, and he's bigger than you are. Microsoft has just released an iPhone app for access to the free Microsoft SkyDrive cloud storage service. SkyDrive for iPhone (free) should make Windows users who have documents stored in the cloud happy.
Videos or photos that are created on the iPhone can also be uploaded to SkyDrive using the app, which takes up about 4.4 MB on the device. SkyDrive users can access all of their content, including files that someone has shared with them. Likewise, any file can be shared by sending a link via email.
The app also provides a way to create and delete folders from the iPhone. Users of Hotmail, Microsoft Messenger, and Xbox LIVE already have SkyDrive accounts. For those who don't but want to give it a try, you can sign up for a new account at SkyDrive.com.
Watch out, Dropbox. There's a new kid in town, and he's bigger than you are
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved