Sirius XM app adds satellite radio 2.0 support
Sirius XM has pushed out a major update for its iOS apps to include features users have been wanting and that will give competitors like Pandora a bit of a jolt. This app really gives users control of their listening experience, something that satellite radio hasn't had.
- Start Now- starts shows from the beginning even if the program has been on for some minutes
- Tune Start- starts the currently playing song from the beginning
- Pause- just what it says. Pause live radio and then restart when it's convenient.
- Fast Forward/Rewind- move quickly forward and back through any program
- Show Finder- sets alerts for your favorite programming
In my tests of the app it seemed to work as expected. One thing made me unhappy. The update trashed my user credentials so I had to log in again. It did preserve my favorite channels, however.
So far, this software is iOS only, but it's expected to come to Android sometime next year. If you're a Sirius/SM subscriber grab it, but have your user name and password handy.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options
- Amazon Instant Video app now offers free, ad-supported TV episodes, new HBO shows