American Airlines pilots could use iPads as early as Friday
The FAA has given the nod to American Airlines to start using iPads in flight cockpits as early as Friday, a ZDNet source informed the site. American Airlines conducted a test program in June, which started with electronic charts and moved to replacing paper books and charts.
The iPads will be used on B-777 aircraft, then will expand the program to more flights. ZDNet also was told that United Airlines, Alaska Airlines and UPS are evaluating using iPads in the cockpit. Delta is studying it as well, however they're looking to use an Android product instead of the iPad.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)