Vietnamese carriers to launch iPhone 4S this week
Back in October, Viet Nam Business News reported that the iPhone 4S would go on sale in the country by the end of the year. Now Thanh Nien News is confirming that Apple's latest smartphone will go on sale in Vietnam by the end of this week. Vietnamese carriers VinaPhone and Viettel have both confirmed that they will begin selling the iPhone 4S this Friday.
As is the case with the iPhone in most foreign countries, users can expect to pay much higher prices than in the US. VinaPhone plans to sell the 16 GB iPhone 4S for VND15.6 million (about US$740) while Viettel will sell the same device for VND16.4 million (about $780) on contract.
Thanh Nien News also reports that Vietnamese iPhone users who want the device off contract will have to pay an additional VND600,000 to unlock the phone. However, it's not clear if that sum is correct, since it's roughly the equivalent of only US$28.
Back in October, Viet Nam Business News reported that the iPhone 4S would go on sale in the country by the end of the year. Now Thanh...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs