Apple among 10 best companies to work for
Despite the tendency for Apple's retail employees to gripe about working conditions, the company took the number 10 spot in Glassdoor.com's list of the 10 best companies to work for.
Glassdoor ranks 65,000 firms annually based on anonymous ratings from employees. This year, Apple went from 20th place to the 10th place spot, joining Facebook, Google, and Careerbuilder.com in the top 10. The top-rated company in the world to work for is management consulting firm Bain & Company.
According to a writeup on MacNN, Apple employees are enthusiastic about the work environment at their company, love making great products that people have a strong emotional attachment to, and gave CEO Tim Cook a 96 percent approval rating. On the negative side, employees are not happy with having to "pay their dues" for a long time before getting promoted, and find the intense workload to be a black mark.
As alluded to in the first paragraph of this post, Apple's retail workers are less satisfied -- specifically with their promotion opportunities -- than corporate workers.
Apple wasn't that far away from number five Google on the ranking in terms of total score. Google scored a 4.0 (out of 5), while Apple was just one-tenth of a point away at 3.9. Bain & Company finished with a stellar score of 4.7.
The company took the number 10 spot in Glassdoor.com's list of the 10 best companies to work for
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free