Best Buy teaches Wolfram Alpha (and Siri) new tricks
When it comes to Siri innovation, it's not just about work at Apple's end. Today, Wolfram Alpha introduced new shopping features built around Best Buy's public APIs. You can now use Siri queries to browse upwards of 35 thousand appliance and home computer products.
You can say "Wolfram, tablet computers", "Wolfram, LG washing machines" or "Wolfram iPhone 4S" and Siri returns price information. For individual models, you'll also find product images, specs, and features.
Wolfram's official blog explains, "We've taken the strengths we've developed in math, science, and socioeconomic data and created something equally unique and useful for online shoppers."
Just a final warning: It's really hard to say "Wolfram, iPhone 4S" correctly. On the Wolfram end of things, I've found that it's useful to make a slight pause after saying Wolfram, and that pronouncing it as "wool-from" makes Siri happy. For the 4S? Good luck, mate.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync