Best of 2011 nominations: iPhone games
During December and January, The Unofficial Apple Weblog is soliciting your nominations and votes for the best products for Mac, iPhone/iPod touch, and iPad. We'll start with nominations in a category, and then tally your votes for the top-nominated products a few days later. The winner in each category receives the highly-coveted title of TUAW Best of 2011.
Today's category for TUAW Best of 2011 nominations is iPhone games. With over 500,000 apps in the iOS app store, there are plenty of games to choose from, and literally hundreds that became popular in 2011.
Infinity Blade II ($6.99) was an App Store game of the week, so perhaps it deserves your nomination for the best iPhone game of the year. First Person Shooter fans love Gameloft's Modern Combat 3: Fallen Nation ($6.99) on the iPhone, while Swampy the Alligator has captured the hearts of adults and kids alike in Where's My Water? ($0.99).
Whatever your favorite iPhone game is, we want to hear about it. Leave your nomination in the comments below. Voting will start soon!
Nominations close at 11:59 PM ET on December 17, 2011.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter