Samsung Galaxy Tab ad credits Apple for its popularity
Samsung's not letting its minor victory over Apple in Australia go unnoticed. The handset manufacturer mentions the Apple lawsuit in a recent advertisement promoting its Galaxy Tab tablet. In the headline, Samsung says the Galaxy Tab is "The Tablet Apple Tried to Stop". It's a bold move by Samsung, espcecially since the ad appeared in the Sun-Herald, an Australian newspaper.
This ad appeared around the same time Samsung Australia's vice president telecommunications, Tyler McGee, was gloating about the lawsuit and all the attention it has brought to the Galaxy Tab. He credited Apple for making the tablet a "household name" and hinted the tablet got more press from the trial than from its own marketing.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app