Nominate your favorite iPhone utility app for TUAW's Best of 2011
During December and January, The Unofficial Apple Weblog is soliciting your nominations and votes for the best products for Mac, iPhone/iPod touch, and iPad. We'll start with nominations in a category, and then tally your votes for the top-nominated products a few days later. The winner in each category receives the highly-coveted title of TUAW Best of 2011.
It's hard to believe, but we're now halfway through the nominations for TUAW's Best of 2011. Today's category for nominations is iPhone utility apps. Utilities are the apps that accomplish many of the tasks that should have been built into every iPhone, and they make the iPhone much more useful than it already is. It's one of the largest categories on the App Store, with almost 15,000 entries in the US App Store alone.
Is your favorite app in this category? Whether it's a better calculator, a flashlight app, or a web browser that handles Flash video through a proxy server, the utilities category probably has it.
There are a huge variety of apps in the utilities category, so I'm not going to even give you the requisite handful of ideas. Be sure to check the App Store to make sure your choice is in the utilities category -- any nominations that aren't in that category will be removed from the final voting.
TUAW wants to hear from you -- what's your favorite iPhone utility app? Leave your nomination in the comments below. Voting will start soon!
Nominations close at 11:59 PM ET on December 21, 2011.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync