When it comes to launching your app, Sunday is tops
If you're a developer, your app is more likely to be successful if you launch it on a Sunday. That's according to a 17-week analysis by mobile analytics firm Mobilewalla. The company looked at the apps released on a daily basis in Apple's App Store and Android's Market from May 16 to September 8th. During that time, 91,754 iOS apps were released in the App Store. Among that pool of apps, those launched on a Sunday performed statistically better than those released on other days of the week.
By "statistically better" Mobilewalla means that 42% of the apps released on a Sunday made it into the top 240 highest downloaded apps. Those launched on Monday-Saturday didn't fare as well, with Friday being the worst. Only 10% of apps released on a Friday made it into the App Store's top 240 spots.
Another interesting find from the study, as noted by TechCrunch, was that an app released into Apple's App Store was four times more likely to be discovered than an app released into the Android Market. The founder of Mobilewalla theorizes that the reason for this is that Apple's App Store is easier to use, search, and navigate than Android's Market.
If you're a developer, your app is more likely to be successful if you launch it on a Sunday. That's according to a 17-week analysis...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update