Report suggests App Store growing rapidly in China
It's no secret that Apple has big plans for China. During several of the past quarterly earnings calls, CEO Tim Cook and CFO Peter Oppenheimer have made repeated references to both past growth and future plans for the nation. Now a report from app market research firm Distimo [via GigaOM] indicates that the App Store for iPhone in China is growing rapidly.
In the report, compiled by Distimo analyst Hendrik Koekkoek, he notes that the Apple App Store for iPhone in China generated only 18 percent of the downloads of the combined US and China stores in January of 2011. By November, that number had jumped to 30 percent.
Even more amazing are the numbers for iPad apps. As of November of 2011, the number of downloads from the Apple App Store for iPad was almost identical for the US and China. A summary of the Distimo report is available (PDF download), containing information about all of the various app stores for different mobile platforms.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved