Jetpack Joyride zooms to the top of TUAW Best of 2011 game app voting
Barry Steakfries has to be one happy camper today. The hero of Jetpack Joyride (US$0.99) from Halfbrick Studios was the runaway (or shall we say fly-away?) winner of the voting for the best iPhone game app of 2011.
Barry's adventures trying out experimental jetpacks came away from the TUAW Best of 2011 voting with 39.2 percent of the votes, handily beating second-place winner W.E.L.D.E.R. That $1.99 word game was surprisingly popular as well, grabbing 26.9 percent of the reader voting.
Many thanks to the TUAW readers who nominated their favorite iPhone game apps and then voted in the competition. Congratulations to the team at Halfbrick Studios for winning this category in the TUAW Best of 2011.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync