TUAW Best of 2011: Vote for the best iPhone navigation app
The nominations are in, and the poll is ready to go! The TUAW Best of 2011 awards are all about you -- the readers -- and what you think is the cream of the crop of Apple or third-party products and software. To vote, select one entry from the top nominations made by readers. We'll be announcing the winner in just a few days. Vote early and often!
TUAW is asking for your votes for the best iPhone navigation app of 2011.
The readers have spoken, and the nominees for best iPhone navigation app are (in no particular order) Motion X GPS Drive (US$0.99), Navigon ($29.99 for Navigon USA), the popular and free crowdsourced nav app Waze, and TomTom ($39.99 for TomTom USA). All of these apps have one thing in common -- they provide point-to-point navigation to points of interest.
Another app that uses the iPhone's GPS capabilities but doesn't provide directions to anything except virtual treasure gathered a nomination as well. Traveler's Quest ($0.99) is a virtual treasure hunt that has been around for a few years but is constantly adding in-app purchases for new maps and treasures.
And now, let the voting begin! The results will be announced on December 27, 2011.
|MotionX GPS Drive||267 (14.2%)|
|Traveler's Quest||34 (1.8%)|
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements