Tweetbot wins TUAW Best of 2011 voting for best iPhone social networking app
The team at Tapbots is going to get an early Christmas present today -- their Twitter client Tweetbot (US$2.99) was voted the best iPhone social networking app by readers in our continuing TUAW Best of 2011 polling.
The app, which launched in April of this year into a crowded Twitter client market, quickly became a favorite of many iPhone users. How popular was it in our voting? Tweetbot pulled in 56.7 percent of all of the votes from over one thousand readers.
As with the rest of the Tapbots product line, the user interface for Tweetbot shows that a remarkable amount of thought went into the design. Moving between timelines is fast and easy, there are configurable gestures to perform certain actions, and even the sounds and animation in the app are designed to give Tweetbot personality that doesn't get in the way of communicating with the world.
Congratulations to Mark Jardine and Paul Haddad, the brains behind Tweetbot and the other great Tapbots apps. We can't wait to see what you have in store for 2012.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free