iPhone 4S passes last hurdle to launching in mainland China
The People's Daily is reporting that an Apple device with the model number A1431 has received China's Compulsory Certification. This is the model number for the iPhone 4S that recently received a network entry permit, indicating that the phone has cleared the remaining hurdles before it can be sold in mainland China.
This positions Apple to release the iPhone 4S in the new year, most likely coinciding with Chinese New Year on Jan. 23.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature