iPhone 4S passes last hurdle to launching in mainland China
The People's Daily is reporting that an Apple device with the model number A1431 has received China's Compulsory Certification. This is the model number for the iPhone 4S that recently received a network entry permit, indicating that the phone has cleared the remaining hurdles before it can be sold in mainland China.
This positions Apple to release the iPhone 4S in the new year, most likely coinciding with Chinese New Year on Jan. 23.
The People's Daily is reporting that an Apple device with the model number A1431 has received China's Compulsory Certification. This...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station