iPhone 4S passes last hurdle to launching in mainland China
The People's Daily is reporting that an Apple device with the model number A1431 has received China's Compulsory Certification. This is the model number for the iPhone 4S that recently received a network entry permit, indicating that the phone has cleared the remaining hurdles before it can be sold in mainland China.
This positions Apple to release the iPhone 4S in the new year, most likely coinciding with Chinese New Year on Jan. 23.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter