Thunderbolt PC motherboards on the way for Q2
DigiTimes reports that Intel plans to "fully release" Thunderbolt technology in April of 2012, and that many "top-tier PC vendors" are readying Thunderbolt-ready motherboards.
Apple has shipped Thunderbolt-compatible devices, including the MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, Mac mini, iMac, the Thunderbolt cable and a Thunderbolt Display. DigiTimes reports that falling costs will allow the technology to proliferate across lower-end devices and machines.
All of this means we should finally start to see more Thunderbolt-compatible peripherals, etc. some time next year. That's good news for early adopters who've been waiting to make the most of their Thunderbolt ports.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)