Thunderbolt PC motherboards on the way for Q2
DigiTimes reports that Intel plans to "fully release" Thunderbolt technology in April of 2012, and that many "top-tier PC vendors" are readying Thunderbolt-ready motherboards.
Apple has shipped Thunderbolt-compatible devices, including the MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, Mac mini, iMac, the Thunderbolt cable and a Thunderbolt Display. DigiTimes reports that falling costs will allow the technology to proliferate across lower-end devices and machines.
All of this means we should finally start to see more Thunderbolt-compatible peripherals, etc. some time next year. That's good news for early adopters who've been waiting to make the most of their Thunderbolt ports.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options