Thunderbolt PC motherboards on the way for Q2
DigiTimes reports that Intel plans to "fully release" Thunderbolt technology in April of 2012, and that many "top-tier PC vendors" are readying Thunderbolt-ready motherboards.
Apple has shipped Thunderbolt-compatible devices, including the MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, Mac mini, iMac, the Thunderbolt cable and a Thunderbolt Display. DigiTimes reports that falling costs will allow the technology to proliferate across lower-end devices and machines.
All of this means we should finally start to see more Thunderbolt-compatible peripherals, etc. some time next year. That's good news for early adopters who've been waiting to make the most of their Thunderbolt ports.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free