Find my iPad saves Christmas
Here's a nice story thanks to Apple's Find my iPad feature. A family in California had their Christmas gifts stolen last week, along with several other items in the home. Seemingly unrelatedly, another man had his iPad stolen soon after, and he called the police to report the theft. He was able to track his iPad via Apple's Find My iPad service, and when the cops went to the home where it was being tracked from, they not only found the stolen iPad and the thief, but the family's Christmas presents as well.
According to the police report, the family had already purchased replacement presents, but that didn't make them any less happy to hear that the original gifts had been found. The iPad was also returned to its owner, making for a happy ending for everybody.
Everybody except the thief, that is. He's currently in jail on a $20,000 bond and will presumably face trial for the theft. Serves him right.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app