TUAW Best of 2011: Vote for your favorite iPad social networking app
The nominations are in, and the poll is ready to go! The TUAW Best of 2011 awards are all about you -- the readers -- and what you think is the cream of the crop of Apple or third-party products and software. To vote, select one entry from the top nominations made by readers. We'll be announcing the winner in just a few days. Vote early and often!
TUAW is asking for your votes for the best iPad social networking app of 2011. Once again, we got only a few nominations in this category, meaning that most readers may use their iPhones more than their iPad for their social networking. In addition, several readers nominated apps that run on the iPad but are not designed specifically for the platform -- they've been disqualified.
As a result, I took a quick poll of a number of tech writers and bloggers to get their take on iPad social networking apps. The nominees are:
- IntoNow, a rather innovative free app that "listens" to what you're watching on TV, and then provides information that is relevant to the show. It also links to Facebook and Twitter, tells you when friends are watching the same show, and more.
- Echofon (free, also a US$4.99 Pro version), a powerful universal Twitter client.
- Tapatalk Forum App ($2.99), which works to bring online forums using vBulletin, phpBB, and other systems to iPad users.
- Skype for iPad (free), which supports not only voice calling but video calls and instant messaging as well.
- Blogsy ($4.99), probably the most powerful blogging tool for the iPad, supporting WordPress, Blogger, and Posterous.
You have a couple of days to vote, and the winners will be announced on January 3, 2012. Let the voting begin!
|Skype for iPad||33 (42.9%)|
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs