Osmos for iPad: TUAW Best of 2011 game winner
We've got another winner! TUAW readers have spoken, and Osmos for iPad (US$4.99) was voted the best iPad game of 2011.
Pulling in 31.1 percent of the votes, Osmos for iPad edged out Words With Friends HD ($0.99), which came in second place with 26.9 percent of votes tallied. Osmos was named iPad Game of the Year by Apple as well, so it's well-deserving of the title. The game is described at "part physics-based eat-'em-up, part ambient, cosmic simulator, and part Darwinistic game of survival."
The basic idea of Osmos is to make yourself larger by absorbing smaller motes, but to move you need to eject matter behind you, making yourself smaller. Keeping this balance as you go through the various levels of the game is what makes it so absorbing and ultimately what made it the winner.
Congratulations to the folks at Hemisphere Games for winning the TUAW Best of 2011 award for best iPad game.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs